Through our King's College International School Bangkok “WeCare & WeShare Stop COVID-19” initiative, we have joined together with a group of Chulalongkorn University students to donate surgical mask holders to hospitals.
Due to the surgical mask shortage in hospitals, many medical staff are limited to using only one mask all day. Masks should ideally only be used once and the risk of infection is increased if masks are reused or improperly used. The mask holders help to prevent the spread of infection.
Masks were donated to the following hospitals:
- Siriraj Hospital - 18,800 masks
- King Chulalongkorn Memorial Hospital - 7,000 masks
- Thammasat University Hospital - 5,000 masks
- Rajavithi Hospital - 4,600 masks
- Police Hospital - 4,000 masks
- Somdech Phra Pinklao Hospital - 2,300 masks
- Bhumibol Adulyadej Hospital - 2,000 masks
- Klang Hospital - 2,000 masks
- Taksin Hospital - 800 masks
- Sirindhorn Hospital - 300 masks
This mask holder’s material and size are designed upon recommendation of the Chulalongkorn Hospital medical team with the objective to minimise contamination and prolong the use duration.
We would like to thank the Education for Development Foundation for coordinating with the hospitals. We truly hope that this initiative will support medical staff to perform their duties safely, and this will play a small part in moving forward Thailand through the crisis.
#เราห่วงใย #เราแบ่งปัน #WeCareAndWeShare #StopCOVID19#Kindness #KingsBangkok #AGreatHeartTakesYouFurther