Collaboration with King’s Wimbledon
"King’s Wimbledon is much more than the name above the door. We are the heart beating inside the school." – Andrew Halls, Honorary Principal at King's Bangkok and Head Master of King’s Wimbledon (2008 - 2021)
King’s College School, Wimbledon (King’s Wimbledon), the Top Ranked Boys’ and Co-ed School in the UK by the Sunday Times Parent Power (2017, 2018, 2019 & 2022), is one of the most academically successful schools in the world. King’s Bangkok is fortunate to have a strong partnership with King’s Wimbledon in several areas including our core pillars:
We have three central pillars of our education: Academic Excellence, a wide range of Co-curricular Programme and outstanding Pastoral Care, which means that the students’ well-being is at the centre of our work. These three pillars are central in developing the whole child, in helping students understand their passions, and in preparing them for life after school. Underlying these pillars is a strong foundation of values: good manners, kindness and wisdom.
Pastoral Care at King’s Wimbledon means more than just the wellbeing of students at the school. Tutors and the House system more broadly play an important role in helping students settle into the community and develop life skills that will be critically important after they leave the school...Read more
- King’s Bangkok and King’s Wimbledon are both dedicated to selecting not only the best senior leaders, but also the most qualified teachers. These efforts have been reflected in our ongoing initiatives including:
- A final round interview at King’s Wimbledon for all class teachers to ensure parity across the two schools in terms of teaching and learning.
- Visiting teachers from King’s Wimbledon on an annual basis who go through the same teacher selection process.
- Leveraging a large network for reference verification at both the senior leadership and the teaching level.
- As a result, King’s Bangkok and King’s Wimbledon have together successfully selected over 127 teachers out of a pool of 7,500 applications.
- From the academic year 2021 onwards, King’s Bangkok has teachers from King’s Wimbledon teaching STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths) subjects, all of whom graduated from leading universities such as the University of Oxford, University of Cambridge and King’s College London.
Penny Hughes CBE
- Our Board of Governors includes distinguished academics and business leaders including the former Chair of the King’s Wimbledon governing body, Penny Hughes CBE, who is also the former President of Coca-Cola UK and former Chair of Aston Martin. Chris Hale also joins our Board, having joined the KCSWI board in 2018 where he was elected chair in June 2022. An ex-student of King’s Wimbledon, Mr Hale is a Chair Emeritus at Travers Smith LLP with experience as a trustee of three charities and lecturer at four universities.
- Under the Board of Governors, we have several committees; of these, the Education Committee is chaired by King’s Wimbledon.
- King’s Bangkok also follows the key policies used at King’s Wimbledon, including on our selective admissions process and educational policies.
- To reinforce this collaboration, King’s Wimbledon has committed to undertake quality audits at King’s Bangkok on a regular basis.
Universities and careers
- Like King’s Wimbledon, King’s Bangkok will adopt the same psychometric testing platform and follow this up with a one-to-one interview with an experienced careers adviser, so that students have a thorough understanding of potential career choices.
Opportunities for staff
- Staff at King’s Bangkok also have the access to the world-class professional development know-how through the collaboration with King’s Wimbledon. For example, the Academic Focus Group sessions run by King’s Wimbledon…